Day 9 Job Search Challenge: Get job interview ready
It’s the second last day of our challenge and we hope you’ve been able to take on board some of our tips to helping improve the success of your job search.
Today’s tips are for when you’ve put everything we’ve covered into action and you’ve landed a job interview for a role you know you’re qualified for and it ticks all the boxes in terms of your goals.
Day 9: Get job interview ready
Preparing for an interview might seem intimidating, but there are several steps you can take to prepare yourself for a successful interview.
Our top tips to being interview ready are:
- Be well informed on the job role and company – remember your research from day 5?
- Prepare some answers to popular questions (we’ve got a great list here as well as questions you can ask here)
- Dress to impress. You only get one chance to make a first impression. This doesn’t always mean a suit, but smart casual and well groomed is always favourable.
- Prepare your travel plans and leave plenty of time, but don’t arrive too early. There is nothing worse than nervously sitting in a room waiting longer than you need to.
- Follow up. Always send an email to thank the interviewer for their time and that you look forward to hearing from them.
Tomorrow is our final challenge! But if you’re only just joining us or have missed a day’s challenge, you can check back in on them here.
Don’t miss Day 10 of our job search challenge by subscribing to our newsletter here and and follow us on LinkedIn.